Hair extensions are taking the world by storm, from the runways to the sidewalks. And it’s no wonder why. With just a few weaves, you can completely transform your hair and achieve a red carpet-worthy look without waiting for your natural locks to grow. But beware, some women end up in hair extension disasters. To avoid any embarrassing faux pas, follow these do’s and don’ts recommended by hair experts.
Do choose your hair extensions wisely
When it comes to hair extensions, there are a lot of factors to consider. You want to make sure they perfectly match your height, skin tone, and lifestyle. The best way to find the perfect match is to try out Brazilian hair extensions before making a purchase. Once you’ve found the right ones, don’t be afraid to style them in a way that reflects your unique personality.
Do trim them
To seamlessly blend your weaves with your natural hair, it’s important to trim them to match your current length. You may need the help of a stylist, especially if your extensions have blunt ends.
Do go for natural ones
Why not opt for natural Brazilian curly hair? You can find high-quality human hair extensions at shops like Crownway Hair Company. Not only do they look natural, but they are also easier to style compared to other types of weaves.
Don’t forget your natural locks
Some people neglect their natural hair when wearing extensions, leading to breakage and loss. Don’t be one of them. Remember to take care of your natural hair through regular cleansing and conditioning.
Don’t overdo your styling
While hair extensions allow for more daring and eye-catching hairstyles, it’s important to remember that they can still get damaged. Avoid excessive styling, such as tight ponytails or updos, as they can gradually harm your weaves.
Don’t wear them for too long
Constant styling, washing, and drying can leave your weaves looking limp, dry, and lifeless over time. If your extensions no longer look stunning, don’t hesitate to replace them.
LOOK’s Dos And Dont’s Of Wearing Extensions, LOOK
8 Hair extensions DOs and DON’Ts, Healthy Black Queens
The DOs and DONT’S of Wearing Extensions, OK! Magazine
Brazilian hair extensions are a popular choice for those looking to transform their look with fuller, luscious hair. However, in order to keep extensions looking fresh and lasting, it’s important to understand the do’s and don’ts when caring for Brazilian hair extensions.
• Deep condition regularly. Properly maintaining Brazilian hair extensions means using a hydrating deep conditioner. Give your extensions the moisture it needs to keep it looking healthy and shiny.
• Brush carefully with a wide-tooth comb. Before and after washing, brush your extension gently with downward strokes. Doing a few strokes every evening will make sure your hair is free of tangles.
• Sleep with a satin headwrap. Invest in a quality satin wrap, cap or pillow case to maintain the locks and avoid costing it from getting matted or tangled during the night.
• Use sulfate-free products such as shampoo and conditioner. Over time sulfates will strip the extensions from its natural protective barrier and cause them to dry out and become brittle.
• Don’t ignore your scalp. While you may not have any natural hair underneath, Brazilian hair extensions still come in contact with your scalp and should be cleaned periodically.
• Don’t sleep with wet extensions. Make sure your extension is completely dry before going to sleep. Wet hair is more prone to breakage and matting.
• Don’t use too hot styling equipment too often. Using high temperatures from heat styling tools can be damaging and shorten the life of the extensions. Using a heat protectant helps minimize the risk of damaging them.
• Don’t bleach or color the extensions. Bleaching or coloring your hair extensions can be very damaging. If you’re looking to change up the color of your extensions, have it professionally done or buy pre-colored extensions.
By following these guidelines, you’ll ensure that your Brazilian hair extensions look freshly done and will last. With a little bit of care and maintenance, you can make sure your hair stays luxurious for as long as possible.